Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I am horribly insecure. On the surface I can seem confident and cocky but when it comes down to it I'm just hiding and my attitude is all just an act. I constantly second guess myself, whether it's with schoolwork or what I'm doing. I don't really have a lot of confidence in myself, but I'm working on it. That's why I refuse to delete this blog or any posts, even if I feel like I sound pretentious or insufferable, which I have a habit of doing. These are all my thoughts and feelings and I need to learn to accept them. I doubt that it will be easy but I think in the long run it will be quite good for me. And I should probably clarify that my insecurity is not really to do with my looks as much as it is my personality or thoughts. I often feel as though I'm wrong or not good enough and that's not true so it's something I need to work on. I'm blogging as a form of therapy I guess but also in an effort to try and improve my writing because I adore writing but due to my insecurity I never do it and as a result I don't feel as though I'm a very good writer. The only way for my writing to improve is through practice and that's what I plan to do. I may post snippets of fictional, short story type things I come up as well as my personal thoughts and so on. I'm still not sure of how this will all work but it's my blog and I can do what I want with it. Besides as of right now, I'm the only one reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment